Sunday, December 18, 2011

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1) 

Starting over sucks. 

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 
And then he opened his mouth. 

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is.


                                                                    **********************


Why can't all books be like this one? Why can't they all have a great story with kick-ass characters?
Why can't the main character just be smart and not make stupid decisions that makes me wish that she was real so I could slap her?  Why can't the relationship between the guys in other books make you wish it'd happen to you?
Yeah, these were the type of questions that raced trough my mind when I was reading this book.

This book has it all Ladies and Gentleman. As stated about it has great characters, a great story and great...everything else. Not that it didn't have flaws. Every book has flaws and this one made quite the list. Let's start shall we.

List of Good Things About This Book:
  • The Girl a.k.a Main Character. We've all experienced this folks. We've met with idiots who've ruined it for us but we've also met some who made it for us . Katy was the one for me. She wasn't the girl who made stupid decisions. All her decisions had a purpose. She didn't chase after the guy and when he blew her off, she blew him off. FINALLY. In your face Bella Swan! * takes deep breath* 
  • The Guy a.k.a Tortured-gorgeous-hero-who's-secretly-nice. We've all met a handful but there is one thing about him that sticks out. He's mean. Not mean as in he-took-my-lollipop but mean as in I-need-to-dump-my-lunch-over-his-head type of mean. I got so frustrated at time that I wished I could say a few things to him because his level of mean kept increasing. Actually mean doesn't describe him. It can't compare. More like....I won't say it. No cursing aloud. Ha! Anyway, mean did blend in with his overall hotness. God, he could have fried an egg on his abs that how hot Jennifer made him. I just...I can't...Just read it.
  • The Story a.k.a the story. It doesn't have vamps ( *jumps up in excitement*) It has...aliens. Take that anyway you want but give it a chance is all I have to say.
List of Bad Things About This Books:
  • The Twilight-Vibe it gives off. It did to me anyway. Sometime what happened was that when I was reading it I was hit with this horrible feeling that I was reliving a nightmare a.k.a Twilight and had to got back and look at the cover to make sure I was reading the right one. Katy didn't live on Hot-Guy but her thoughts were always consumed by him.   Then there was the fact that all the Aliens were perfect-gorgeous-looking 'beings' a.k.a The Cullens. The fact that Hot-guy is mean to her also made me think this but I'd multiply Edward's mean by 10 and then you'd have Hot-guys mean. If that makes an sense whatsoever.  There were other thing but I'm too lazy to think of them right now. Just read it. You might understand.
  • The Hot-Guy's Mean. He might have gone overboard at times and you might get tired of his and Katy's constant bickering. But you might just enjoy that bickering too.
Now you're gonna say, this girl is giving off mixed vibes so why did she give this book 5 stars. 
Well, probably because of Jennifer's writing and her brilliant books. Maybe also because she took a new approach and got rid of other supernatural things. Maybe because I might have a little...obsession over.....doesn't matter. Just Read it. Oh yeah, Comment aswell!  

No comments:

Post a Comment