Monday, December 26, 2011

Back To The Past- The Classis

Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice

You have probably been living under a rock your entire life if you haven't read or heard about THE Pride and Prejudice. Well, *cough*, I'm not gonna lie to you all. I haven't read it. But I've heard about it. And seen the film. And loved it. And am gonna read it. So there!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

So begins Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's witty comedy of manners--one of the most popular novels of all time--that features splendidly civilized sparring between the proud Mr. Darcy and the prejudiced Elizabeth Bennet as they play out their spirited courtship in a series of eighteenth-century drawing-room intrigues. Renowned literary critic and historian George Saintsbury in 1894 declared it the "most perfect, the most characteristic, the most eminently quintessential of its author's works," and Eudora Welty in the twentieth century described it as "irresistible and as nearly flawless as any fiction could be."



Up above is the synopsis I found on Goodreads. I feel it doesn't give the book enough credit. Now you all are probably raising your eyebrows and thinking, "what does she know when she hasn't even read the thing?". Well, let me tell you. I have searched far and wide and gathered information about Jane Austen. More that you'll ever know. I know about some of her most famous works and see alot of all their films. So there. 

Pride and Prejudice is one of the Best Romance books of all time. Not just Romance. Just about everything else. I love Elizabeth. I don't like how he behaves with Darcy at the start but I love everything else about her. She so witty and strong for a girl back in the day. I also love Jane Austen. I love the fact that even though back then female writers were...restricted but she followed her heart and did what she loved  the most and that was writing. Every book of hers has unique characters and that is  what makes her one of the most beloved classical writers of all time, so please be sure to read this. So will I. And I assure you all, It will not let you down!

No comments:

Post a Comment