Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A. 

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.



One of the biggies, I think, of 2012. I read  few reviews, mixed review but I'm a sucker for a good love story so this was on my list. When I got the chance, I leaped to read it.

It's basically an easy read. Here's how it goes. Hadley and Oliver meet an airport. Cue Attraction. Oh look. Out seats are beside each other, great. Cue thumping of the heart, secret glances and slight hand touching. But, gosh, not all story's are a piece a pie are they? Oh no, cue Hadley's...um...hatred for her dad. Well, I wouldn't call it hatred. I mean, if your dad divorced your mum cause he fell in love with a British woman and broke your family into pieces, you wouldn't hate him would you. What the hell am I saying? You'd loathe him. You'd detest him. You...get the picture. Any emotion Hadley felt I felt aswell. I hated her dad to. How could he do that? But, lets not forget Oliver. Cue Mysterious Oliver's angst. I only found out like 3/4 of the book in. Actually, I kinda guessed but pushed it at the back of the mind. No people. He's not gay or anything.  

Did I like this book? Yes. How was the story? Predictable. Did you mind it being predictable? No. Alot of the cheesy romance books are like that. What'd you think of the characters? Um. Okay I suppose. Thought that Hadley forgave her dad a bit too easy but I'm being stupid cause forgiveness is best. Oliver was...okay. He's not on my list though. Ha. Kidding. 

Overall people, you like it or you fall asleep. You squeal or you roll your eyes. But there are a few things that'll make your toes curl. In a good way. Or bad. Depends if you like things that will usually make you throw up. I can see you are confused by my review. I like to call it a mixed review. Meaning Its good + bad. Enjoy!

Rating: 3.5 Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment