Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bittersweet By Sarah Ockler

Bittersweet



Once upon a time, Hudson knew exactly what her future looked like. Then a betrayal changed her life, and knocked her dreams to the ground. Now she’s a girl who doesn’t believe in second chances… a girl who stays under the radar by baking cupcakes at her mom’s diner and obsessing over what might have been. 

So when things start looking up and she has another shot at her dreams, Hudson is equal parts hopeful and terrified. Of course, this is also the moment a cute, sweet guy walks into her life…and starts serving up some seriously mixed signals. She’s got a lot on her plate, and for a girl who’s been burned before, risking it all is easier said than done. 

It’s time for Hudson to ask herself what she really wants, and how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get it. Because in a place where opportunities are fleeting, she knows this chance may very well be her last….





I LOVE SARAH OCKLER. Always have, always will. Fixing Delilah is one of my All-Time faves. 
So there shouldn't have been a problem with this book. The synopsis tell you all.
So. What.Happened.


The story is good. It just the character. It's like finding a hair in your favourite dessert.  That's basically what was wrong with this book. I hated Hudson. Anyone who knows me, knows very well, that If I hate the main Character, then the whole book is a complete waste of time for me. But, For Ockler I kept going. Not all was bad. I loved a certain person aka Bug aka she-who-shall-not-be-named's little brother. He was so cute. *Cue soppy voice* I just wunted to shueez his wittle sheeks. Moving on. Also, Hudson BFF, Dani. 
Hudson didn't deserve her.


Hudson made some shit decisions. Also it was always ME ME ME.  I understood that she was going through some pain, but I think that she made it worse for her, not to mention the people around her.  But I will give Ockler credit for trying her best. Btw, this is only my opinion. If you read the reviews on Goodreads, this book got nearly all 5 stars. So, I suppose I'm the odd one out. Truthfully, I'm just picky. I think.
The romance was also sucky for me. It's mostly the best part for me in a Sarah Ockler book. Again, moving on.


I will say that you should try the book. You might love it. Just Because I didn't, doesn't mean you won't.
Also, BEWARE, have some cupcakes handy when reading this book because you will CRAVE them!


2 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment