Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lola and The Boy Next Door By Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.





I loved Anna and the French Kiss.  My love of books grew after it and has been slowly increasing. The book has everything I want in a book. A Story, characters and a good romance. No wonder my expectations for Lola and The Boy Next door were so high. And I'm happy to say that it didn't disappoint. 


Lola was a very unique character. Very bold and very interesting. She doesn't care about others say and loves the way she is. Her style of fashion intrigued me as so did her personality. An aspect of a good story is the main and Lola fits in exactly. You'd never be bored if you were friends with her. Yeah, she'd wreck your head and you'd wanna slap her for her stupid decisions but, oh well, people make mistakes. It's even better when they learn from them.


Oh, goodness, where do I start with Cricket. Cricket, for me, was the heart and soul of the book.
More Crickets should be born in real life. Then life wouldn't be so boring anymore. He's not the normal boy next door. Those boys dress horribly and make you roll your eyes and make you wish you moved homes. No, this one wears tight pants. Yep. I said it. Pants. Also he's freakin' tall. No matter how much I love Eitenne, Tall is a big factor in the 'perfect-boy' category for me. Also he is SO Romantic. I don't even think he knows that. Half the time I was reading this, I was jealous of Lola. The things he did for her. Gosh. Moving on. Oh, yeah. He's also an inventor. That's all that is needed to be said.

I recommend this for everyone, especially girls who love make-you-squeal books. But first read Anna and the French Kiss. It'll get you into the world of Stephanie Perkins. Ha.

5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment