Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Catching Jordan By Miranda Kenneally

Catching Jordan

ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Greeen moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?


The was alot over hype of this book. I read the reviews on Goodreads and was surprised to see that alot of people loved this book. Still, it just wouldn't catch my attention. Finally, I just though, what the hell, give it shot. You don't like, nobody is going to care. So, I put my football gear on, grabbed the ball and made my way onto the pitch.

The Plot:

This is the story of Jordan Woods. A boyish girl with a passion for football. She the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. She gained my respect there because she must have been brilliant to be captain of a BOYS football team. Being the only girl has it's share of difficulties.  She trying to get her athletic scholarship to one of the top universities and the while trying to juggle everyday activities. The last this she needs is any distractions. Enter Ty. The new quarterback at her school, future rival and future love interest. That all great and everything but Jordan notices that her best friend Henry is acting a bit weird. What's going on here? 4

The Characters:

Jordan Woods- Our over 6 foot protagonist who has nothing on her mind except for football. Maybe even gaining a bit of father's respect. But that's impossible because she KNOWS that he'll never support her dream. 
Ty enters the picture and Jordan falls. Literally. So not only is she in love but she's in love with the guy who could take her position away in a blink of the eye. They both like each other and get together. It's all roses and gumdrops until she finds out that her best friend Henry is in love with her. And you know what she does? She tells him that she ready to be with him. Now, that really pissed me off. I know Ty could be controlling and everything and Henry was WAY better than him but in a blink of an eye, you'd easily give up a relationship to be with someone else. You never noticed him in that way before. Why the sudden change?  And what ticked me off even more was that she cries, ALOT.  Kind of surprising isn't it, considering she a football player and very tough and everything.  I suppose she's a girl but that sexist because just because you're a girl doesn't mean you cry all the time.  The last time I cried was when I was cutting onions. And that wasn't even my fault. It was an automatic response. I have to say that even though Jordan annoyed me alot, I loved her relationship with all her friends, family and especially Henry. 

Sam Henry- I kind of think his name is weird. I didn't realise Henry was his first surname until halfway though the book.  But what the heck do I now about names anyway? So, yeah, he's best friends with Jordan and their relationship is very sweet. He genuinely cares for Jordan and again, he threw her alot of signs but as I said, Jordan wasn't exactly bright.  Henry made his fair share of mistakes though. I even grew frustrated with his behavior. You'll understand once you read the book.  But overall, one of my favourite character in the book. 

Ty Green- I don't know what to say about him. Even though he's the average 'gorgeous guy' in nearly every single YA book out there, he had his fair share of problem. Alot of responsibilities for a guy that young.  He could be controlling, a bit bossy and sometimes downright annoying but he had his fair bit of 'awww' moments.

JJ and Carter- Two of Jordan's close friends. Two of my favourite characters. Downright hilarious, kind, deep and sometimes your average boys. 

Marie and Carrie- Good thing Jordan realised how nice it can be to have girl friends. Sharing gossip, complaining, giving advice and sometimes just being there. The best qualities to look for in a friend.

Mom/Dad/Brother Mike-

Even though dad didn't support her dreams and could be an ass, he had his reasons. Once the got through that, I admit, he was the best dad ever. What kind of dad listens to your boy problems? Jordan's dad does.
Her mom was great throughout the whole book. So easygoing, caring, just being there whenever she was needed and supporting her daughter's dream all through the way. Mike made me wish my brother was like that. Kidding. Love you bro'. Anyway, Mike was great. Jordan talks to him about everything. He helps her in anyway she can and there relationship is amazing.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book. It kept me hooked. I admit it. Even though I wasn't a fan of Jordan, I hated putting this book down. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Alot of football involved. I can easily say I know more about football that I ever did before.

4 Stars! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment