Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sweet Evil By Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
Embrace the Forbidden


What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

Guys, this is good. No really. It's actually really good. I don't lie. Well, actually, I do lie but not about this I don't. 

What's it about?

A girl. With a southern accent. Has sixth sense. Doesn't understand her powers. Meets hot bad-boy. Realises there's more to her that meets the eyes.

Okay. Sounds like every other story out there but, yes there is a but, it's actually, wait for it, GOOD.
The plot wasn't your average 'I've got your attention but I'll lose it now because I'm gonna make the story shitter that it is' but in fact it was ' Ha, thought you saw it coming didn't you but BAM, I just karate Chopped you right in the ****' .

This story involves, I don't know if this is a spoiler , gods. Not your average Zeus, Hades etc. but actually god's of BAD THINGS. Okay. Sounds lame. Anyway, God's of like JEALOUSY, WRATH, LUST, DRUGS etc. It was so different from the CHIZ that authors nowadays are conjuring up that I found myself, gasp, enjoying it. The story was fast-paced, you seriously did not know what was coming until it bitch slaps you in public and you burst out crying and at the same time catch the attention of nearby muggles who roll their eyes and look towards heaven. Didn't happen to me btw.

Get a move on. How were the Characters?

I may have gotten emotionally involved with these characters. Doesn't happen to me often. Also I have to say that in the case of this story, I found myself LOVING the supporting characters more that the main ones. Not that there was anything bad with Anna or especially Kaidan. 

Anna was, you-know, NICE. You'll understand why I'm saying it like that when you read the book.
But she could get so....'meh' sometimes. I don't like 'meh' girl all that much. What I'm trying to say is that  I HATE girls who go freaking depressed/psycho/stupid when the boy leaves them or for whatever reason they can't get together. Biggest turn off EVER. She actually lost weight because she was that sad. Idiot. But guys, don't hate, because she had he good points. Kind, caring, brave etc. I'd love to read about a heroine that wasn't all that and see how it goes.

Kaidan was or probably will be one of the reasons you guys will not put the book down. Says it all doesn't it.  He's on Hira's List, people. Round of Applause please.

Supporting characters:
God, so many of them. I loved them all. Anna's Human friends and her Non-Human friends. He adoptive mom and her real dad. He dad made me wish my dad was like him. Minus all, you know, beard and other things I can't mention.

Finally got there, You gonna Recommend this?

Yup. It's actually deserves all the rave reviews it's been getting. No to mention the 5 STARS I gave it!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment