Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bloodlines By Michelle Read

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)


Richelle Mead is a prime example of an authors who can easily combine Paranormal + Romance + Fantasy and kick-ass action. I'm not going to bother with the synopsis as you can all read that yourselves. Anyway, I'd say this was a good start to a new...story. Sometimes the first book does it for you and gets you hooked and sometimes it doesn't but I'd say Mead hit the spot. 

I like Sydney. No, really. Mostly these fictional girls don't click with me but she kinda reminded me of myself. Okay, maybe I'm not as uptight as her and I do mess around etc. and OF COURSE I wouldn't be dense enough to not notice this not-really-horrible-guy in front of me but she used her head and wasn't all about the hands on violence. 
The other character were...meh. Except, of course, Adrian. He was the light that shined through the book for me. Okay, the line before this one makes no sense but what can you do? Moving on, I just loved Adrian. He's that cocky guy who has sense but is still tortured in some kind of way. So he's the cocky-street-smart-tortured-hero-with-a-killer-smile-guy. 

The story was okay. Yes, okay. And Jill annoyed me. So did someone else but I forgot his name. And, Yeah. Go read this book if this lame review hasn't awakened your inner Adrian-killer-smile senses. Much Love. Hira

No comments:

Post a Comment